The main purpose of the County Addressing Project is to make access easy to pinpoint for emergency responders and citizens. Inaccuracies in addressing can result in difficulties with emergency services, utility connections, package deliveries, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- It is important for 911 services and mail delivery to have your address numbers posted at your driveway entrance.
- Reflective address markers are available at the Cortez Fire Protection District at a cost of $20.00. Located at 31 N Washington St., Cortez, CO 81321; Phone Number (970) 565-3157.
- Preferred installation is on gate/fence post at the access location. All in-ground markers require contacting the Utility Notification Center or 811 BEFORE markers can be installed in-ground.
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, CLOSED NOON-12:30 PM DAILY
Contact the Addressing Department
- Telephone: (970) 564-4169 or (970) 564-4158
- Contact us by Email
Frequently Requested Addressing and Driveway Documents
- Road Address System Resolution 22-2008
- Road Address System Resolution 6-2009
- Road Naming & Addressing System Standards
Click the + for additional Resources
11,471 total views, 2 views today