- To receive municipal solid waste and compacting it as tightly as possible into a subtitle D landfill.
- To receive and place construction and demolition (C&D) waste into an inert waste cell
- To receive small limbs, yard waste and dewatered/denatured sludge and process into compost for resale
- To receive, treat and use petroleum and other nonhazardous contaminated soil on site
- To receive and bury dead animals separately from municipal solid waste trash
- To divert economical recyclables for sale
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday — Saturday, 8:00 am to 4 pm
Scale office begins closing to inbound traffic at 3:45 pm to ensure customers can clear out by 4 pm. Exceptions may be granted to 4 pm closure for up to 15 minutes past 4 pm if prior arrangements are made. A tardy fee may be assessed for vehicles unloading on site after 4:15 pm based on half-hour increments after 4:00 pm.
If you have questions about a specific rate or waste, please call the Landfill Office, Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4:00 pm.
The Montezuma County Landfill is closed on these days:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Saturday between Christmas and New Year’s
The Landfill is open for Limited Hours on these days:
- Independence Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve close by 2 pm
- Other holidays may close by 2 pm with a posted notice
Montezuma County Landfill Facts and Info:
Details on the size of the operation, permit acreage, location, contacts and brief details on permit conditions have been developed into a Fact Sheet.
For specifics on what material can be accepted with a rate structure and instructions, a brochure can be obtained at the scale window. For information on some of the special wastes, please go to Special Wastes or to Banned Wastes – The No-No List.
28,687 total views, 4 views today