The Tobacco Education and Prevention Program promotes best practice tobacco control policies within our community. Educational and cessation resources are also available for parents, youth, school staff, medical providers, and community members.
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Program offers the following resources and services in Montezuma County.
- For Businesses: signs and educational resources about the Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act;
- Secondhand Smoke and Vaping information for parents, childcare providers, and medical providers;
- Support for schools in strengthening their tobacco-free schools policies;
- General resources for the community including posters, signs, and Quit-line referrals.
Visit the links below for more information.
- Vaping in Montezuma County
- Talk to the youth in your life about vaping. Get the facts at tobaccofreeco.org
- Enough with the Puff
- The Surgeon General on E-Cigarettes
- CO Quit Line
- CO Youth Quit Line
- Tobacco Free Life
- This Is Quitting App
- Become an Ex
- My Life, My Quit
- Tobacco Free CO
- Center for Disease Control – CDC Community Guide
- State Tobacco Education and Prevention Partnership (STEPP)
- American Lung Association
- American Cancer Society
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Tobacco is Nasty
- Group to Alleviate Smoking Pollution – Colorado (GASP)
- Secondhand Smoke Information
- Secondhand Smoke in Casinos
- I Am A Smoke-Free Zone
- Clean Indoor Air Act
RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS
- Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit
- CATCH My Breath Curriculum
- Second Chance Program
- The Real Cost of Vaping Curriculum
- CDPHE Letter to Schools on Vaping
RESOURCES FOR PROVIDERS
BABY AND ME TOBACCO-FREE PROGRAM
Baby and Me Tobacco Free is a program for pregnant mothers who smoke and wish to quit. Participants attend four prenatal quit smoking sessions that provide them with positive encouragement to quit their tobacco addiction. Participants agree to quit smoking and stay quit during their pregnancy and to take a monthly breath test to prove they are tobacco free. An incentive for mothers to stay tobacco-free after their baby is born is monthly vouchers for free diapers, for up to 12 months.
For more information on Baby and Me Tobacco Free, contact us at 970-565-3056, or by Email.
7,849 total views, 3 views today