Montezuma County Landfill an equal employment employer is accepting applications for a temporary part-time laborer. Applications are available on-line www.montezumacounty.org or you may pick one up in person at 109 W. Main St., Room 260 Cortez, CO 81321. Submit applications to Administration at the same address. Open until position is filled. $15.00 an hour.
Under the direct supervision of the foreman, performs manual labor in the baling facility, landfill and surrounding areas in accordance with the established county, state and federal regulations.
- Shovel and sweep trash
- Assist in load inspections at various places on the facility.
- Follow instructions given, whether oral or through operating manuals.
- Complete all required documentation (maintenance, fueling, baling operations, checklists, etc.).
- Perform litter control, lawn work and similar tasks to maintain clean and safe working environment;
- Make minor repairs and adjustments throughout the facility including equipment and fixed structures. May perform minor carpentry/construction projects such as fencing, painting, roofing repairs, or minor mechanical duties such as changing oil, battery/alternator repairs and similar tasks;
- Performs related duties as required.
Complete Job Description