JOB TITLE: Child Support Services Technician
REPORTS TO: Child Support Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Social Services
LOCATION: 109 West Main, Room 170, Cortez, CO 81321
SALARY: $16.89/hour plus Health, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, HSA Insurance, 10 paid Holidays, Paid Annual and Sick Leave and a 401K match.
Education: Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent.
Experience: Two years full time responsible work experience.
SUMMARY: The primary function of a Child Support Services Technician involves establishing paternity and child support obligations and enforcing child support laws. Child Support Services Technicians are expected to handle a high volume of work which is deadline driven. Applicants must be able to prioritize, plan and project their work; however at the same time, be flexible to changes at any moment, such as unscheduled visits from clients. Child Support Services Technicians work in a high stress environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Processing a broad range of paperwork and entering information into a computer-based case data management system (ACSES)
- Accesses computerized databases and maintains computerized files. Responds to and complete numerous daily, weekly and monthly automated task lists
- Work with parent-custodial and non-custodial and guardians to ensure children and families receive court-ordered financial and medical support
- Maintains a caseload and locates and interviews custodial and non-custodial parents and other to gather information for locating non-custodial parents and their assets
- Evaluates income and expense data of custodial and non-custodial parents to determine support capability; reviews financial history to determine arrears obligation
- Explains legal requirements and the calculation of support payments to custodial and non-custodial parents and other involved parties
- Provides case status information and interprets child support statutes, regulations, and procedures to custodial and non-custodial parents
- Initiates and processes such legal actions as subpoenas, orders to show cause, registration of foreign support orders, notices of assignment, writs of execution, property liens, orders of examination, and contempt of court actions pertaining to the enforcement of child support
- Issues summons and Complaints and Proposed judgements to establish paternity and support orders and enforces those orders through wage assignments and other legal actions
- Must regard work as confidential. Must understand and comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Takes sworn statements from the custodial and non-custodial parents, and arranges or facilitates DNA testing in cases where paternity is in question
- Responds to inquiries from the public, private attorneys, appointed and elected officials
- Collects court-ordered support payments and distributes payments timely and accurately
- Maintain pay history ledgers
Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers as well as County Attorney, County court Liaisons and Judges. Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software,
Complete Job Description