CSU Family and Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences:
When families are successful communities are successful. Montezuma County Extension is working to grow it’s FCS programs. One of the services currently provided through the office is a pressure canner gauge testing.
Programs currently provided are food safely, preserver, and cottage foods trainings. We are working to create more research-based educational programs and products to help families in the community to make more informed decisions for better health, financial security, and well-being.
- Montezuma Food Coalition
- Good Food Collective
- Colorado Produce Safety Rule
- The Sharehouse: Community Food Center
- Montezuma School to Farm Project’s Newsletters
- High-altitude baking: CSU offers tips for your holiday treats
- Food Systems Newsletter
Benefits for Food Service Workers:
• Increase in confidence and motivation to handle food safely.
• Improve knowledge and awareness of ways to prevent foodborne illness.
• Valued by employers.
• Great incentives towards job promotions.