Chili and Salsa Contests Chili Defined: Any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various spices, and other ingredients, such as
The Montezuma County Fair Royalty Workshop will be held on July 14th, 5 pm, at TBD, this is MANDATORY. The Montezuma County Fair Royalty Workshop will cover topics such as: how to introduce/present yourself, how to interact with judges, how to give a speech, design of scrapbook, hair, and make-up, etc.
1. Payment of booth fees is due by Friday July 1, 2022. Payment can be mailed to 15 N Park St, Cortez, CO 81321 or dropped off at the Extension Office. A $25.00 late fee will be applied after July 2, 2022 and payments received after July 2, 2022 must be made by cash or money order. Booths will not be reserved until payment is received.
2. Vendor is to bring his/her own displays. The Fair does not provide tables or chairs.
3. Setup is on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Please check in with a Fair Board member before you set up. Booths may be taken down Saturday, August 6, 2022 after the crowd disperses from the Jr. Livestock Sale around 5p.m.
Suggested hours of operation for the vendors are:
August 4th (Thursday) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
August 5th (Friday) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Kids Day -Please feel free to have a game available at your booth)
August 6th (Saturday) 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (After the sale, Stakeholder dinner to follow. Release based on dinner setup needs)
4. Vendor shall arrange space to not obstruct the general view or conceal other exhibits or exit signs. Fair management reserves the right to inspect and require changes to displays.
5. Vendor is encouraged to occupy the booth during the hours the Fair is open to the general public. Vendor is responsible for securing booths at all times. Montezuma County Fair Board assumes no responsibility for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
6. Vendor may be required to carry policies of comprehensive commercial general liability insurance specifically covering, without limitation, bodily injury, and property damage and product liability. Vendor may be required to provide a copy of the certificate of insurance prior to setting up booths. Vendor may also be required to add additional insureds, including without limitation: Montezuma County Fair board, Montezuma County, Montezuma County Fairgrounds, and Montezuma County Board of County Commissioners, its officers, elected officials, and employees. This requirement is at the sole discretion of the Montezuma County Fairgrounds management, or Montezuma County Fair Board.
7. Vendor agrees to pay for any damages he/she cause to the Montezuma County Fairgrounds.
8. Vendor indemnifies, defends and holds harmless the Montezuma County Fair Board, Montezuma County, Montezuma County Fairgrounds, Montezuma County Board of County Commissioners its officers, elected officials, and employees its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, principals, and agents from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, attorney fees, judgements, liens, indebtedness, and liabilities whatsoever in any form or on any basis arising from or related to, directly or indirectly, the Exhibitor’s presence at or participation in the Montezuma County Fair.
9. The presence of security officers at the Fair shall not be an assumption of responsibility or liability related to any failure to provide security services.
THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF OUR FAIR
The purpose of the Fair Board is to organize, coordinate, and manage a community event known as the Montezuma County Fair. The Fair Board shall be the managing Board of the Montezuma County Fair appointed by and under the direction of the Board of Montezuma County Commissioners at: email@example.com
The Fair Board shall make all rules and regulations pertaining to exhibits, displays, events, and activities as within the scope of the objectives and purposes for which the Fair Board was appointed.
The Montezuma County Fair board meets every 3rd Monday in the Commissioners Room – 109 West Main, beginning at 7:00 p.m. (All Interested Parties are Welcome to Attend)
Montezuma County Fair Board
April 18th 2022